Monday, July 13, 2009

Backyardigans Birthday














































For Odin's 2nd birthday party, I decided to do a Backyardigans theme because he loves them, and his favorite is Pablo. Most people know I am NOT into characters- I won't buy t-shirts with cartoons on them, or shoes, or anything wearable. However, for a birthday party theme, I am happy to do it because I know how much he loves these guys. He just doesn't have to wear them. We had a lot of fun, all of Adam's family as well as James and Gina and Seth and Brandy were here. I hope someday my parents will be able to attend one of our kids's birthday parties, too! So, we survived despite lots of chaos, kids not wanting to share toys (especially the birthday boy!), me smashing Odin's hand under my chair leg, and some cousins turning the water table into a bath tub. Odin really enjoyed himself, and every time someone came in the door he said, "OOh, present!" He wanted to open presents all night- so next time, I think we will do that first instead of last! His favorite gift so far is the cozy coupe car, which is indoors for the time being; Arizona is too hot this time of year to play outside for long.

1 comment:

J and A said...

Wow, Whitney, did you make that cake?? Impressive! :) I bet he had so much fun! ... and I think he would probably object to the fact that his mom thinks its too hot to be outside ;) ...unless he's changed a lot since the last few times I was over, hehe