Wednesday, July 1, 2009

2 Years Ago...

I became a mother for the first time :) Today is my son's second birthday. It is also my true mother's day. Let us go back in time to when he was born...
It was June 30 when my water broke, and even though it was Saturday, of course Adam was working. My water came out in a gush just after I got out of the shower (good timing, actually!). So, I abandoned my plans to eat a frozen pizza for lunch and got my hospital bag packed. (I'm not the type to do this ahead of time). Adam left his job, tools and all, and took me to the hospital. They gave me pitocin because contractions weren't starting yet. 22 hours, including 5 hours of pushing, Odin Nicholas Ebert was born.
Now, let's talk about my son. Ah, Odin. If you know this boy, you probably love him. Yeah, I know I'm his mom and I AM biased, but he is a special little boy. He is happy, adorable, and very sweet. He gives hugs and kisses freely, and until recently, has never met a stranger. (He is showing a little strange anxiety these days). Some of his favorite things are chicken nuggest, juice, cars, his "shows" (especially Backyardigans), and his cousins Bryce and Ashtis (his name is actually Ashton). He is also really enjoying swimming in the pool this summer, but he clings to me whenever we do. A very cautious child, he is. Oh he also loves baths and going to sleep (I kid you not). But, unless you know him in person, you will never get the full effect of Odin.
Tomorrow, I will post pictures from his birthday :)

No comments: