Saturday, January 24, 2009

Not happy with that law...

Aren't my boys cute?? Odin likes to bug his daddy when he falls asleep on the floor :) Anyway, the real reason for this post is to lament about the new law I mentioned earlier- i guess its called CPSIA or something, not sure what it stands for. It makes me sad, though, that so many great sellers on etsy are closing their doors, or emptying their shops of baby items. We have until February 10 to continue purchasing these items (and i love unique, handmade baby stuff!) so I encourage everyone to buy from them now, and to contact those in authority and tell them how you feel! It's ridiculously expensive to test for lead, and to me it is dumb b/c these items are made from materials in the USA that have already been tested, or should have been. Please check out http://jessicaleman.etsy.com/- she is having an awesome sale on baby stuff, and her things are great! I have several of her items from when Odin was a baby, but since we are having a girl this time, I want to purchase handmade items for her, too, which is another thing that makes me sad!

No comments: