Saturday, January 10, 2009

Update...

I just got some information that this new law should not affect sellers of used toys/clothes. So, garage sales are still ok! Yay! I guess they aren't required to test the used items (presumably b/c they already should have been tested), but should avoid anything hazardous or that contains too much lead. This is good and means I don't have to rush out and buy a bunch of baby clothes at Kid to Kid yet!
I'm still unsure how it affects people who make homemade items, but I guess we will find out. Anyway, I was going to post some pictures of our new lawn- it looks awesome!- but I think Adam took the camera today. Yesterday we got a fake lawn put in, thanks to my dad, and it really looks real. No mowing or watering or reseeding required! And it's a small space, so this really makes it look bigger and nicer out there. Our yard now has a nice patio and lawn, and Odin had a blast playing on it yesterday. I also cleaned off the table out there, so maybe we will actually start to eat outside, or have people over or something. We still need to replace the cover on our awning over the patio, and should be doing that sometime soon. Another project is possibly retiling the shower and getting a new tub in the second bathroom (it would be more difficult to do our bathroom, so we want to start there). My talented hubby would be doing the tile work. I will post the lawn pictures tomorrow, as well as pictures of our new (used) glider/ottoman that I plan to recover and we bought for only $20 (it will be a work in progress...).

No comments: