Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our Backyard







So, I kinda wish I had taken some pictures of the yard before, so you can see all the weeds, but if you look back through my posts you will see some of odin playing out there after Christmas. Anyway, here are some pictures of the much-improved little backyard of our home. We absolutely love it and are so grateful to my parents for providing it for us. We've been out there every day since, and Odin has a great time playing (but he doesn't like to go outside without me!). For anyone wondering- yes we have grass in Arizona, but this makes it so much easier, because their is no maintenance! You don't have to mow fake grass :). Also, here is a picture of the chair I am planning to recover- the dark green isn't so bad, really, but it's corduroy fabric and really not my taste. It is a very comfortable chair though!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm very impressed that you would tackle a recovering project Whitney! I don't even own a sewing machine and am pretty sure I'd be lost on where to even start something like this!
Can't wait to see the finished project.
PS If you never post outdoor pictures again, I'd be happier. . . our backyard is currently buried under at least a foot of snow. . .
(Yeah I know, we choose to live out here, just thought I'd help you to be more grateful for where you are! :)

Britni said...

Man, just the thought of being outside makes my timbers shiver- it was almost -10 yesterday here :( :(.

I can't wait to see the finished chair- I hate that weird soft cordeuroy stuff, too! That and velvet. blech.