Monday, January 4, 2010

Gracie dress!


I am very excited about how my Gracie dress turned out. My mom got me the Gracie pattern by Sandi Henderson for Christmas. Once again, her pattern was easy to follow, and the dress turned out just like the picture! (With different fabrics, of course). I love this style of dress, which would be great for an older girl who can twirl around in it. Allison can't twirl yet, obviously :) I made this one in size 12-18 months, and I was pleased to see it fits Ally loosely. The length is good though, since she is tall. It would be more fitted on a child in the 12-18 month range, but the skirt is still very full! I was having issues with the yoke, when I read this tutorial...http://littlegirlpearl.blogspot.com/2009/04/sandi-hendersons-gracie-different-way.html. I hate bias tape, so it was nice to have another option. Thanks Little Girl Pearl!


Also, I am ending the 2 for $20 special, but you can always get $2 off pants if you buy them with a skirt, dress, or top!


Oh and one more thing...what does everyone think of me adding little boy pants? I found a cute pattern with pockets on the sides for up to 24 months. I would LOVE to have a baby boy to make these for, hehe (just not right now, unless it's someone else's). I wonder if anyone is interested in me adding them to the shop...

3 comments:

littlegirlpearl said...

So darling! I am thrilled that you found my tutorial useful. That whole bias tape thing wasn't working for me either, especially with a reversible style. It just looks too messy for my taste.

Thanks so much for the link back!

Whitney said...

No problem- I am very happy to see all the helpful hints on the internet. It has really helped to improve my sewing :) Love other sewing blogs!

mer mer said...

Friendly invite~! Welcome to visit my handmade creation and art / cafe blog~! I am having a giveaway contest of Handmade Bag now! ^^ Thank you~!

http://meeer2.blogspot.com