Monday, January 18, 2010

My new friend..

I have a new friend for my sewing machine. A serger! I am feeling so blessed and excited right now that someone from church (minister's wife) was generous enough to give me hers. I have been testing it out today, ruining some things with it (oh well!) and I think it's going to be a wonderful addition to my shop. Almost everyone who sews children's clothes has a serger, and I just have not beeing keeping up with the times. So I am thanking God for this blessing. Now I just need to figure out how to do the rolled hem.
Also, I am anticipating a few things here. One is that I have 5 sales left to go until I hit sale 50. So I might do a giveaway of my own here when I do! Two is that I am going to make my own PDF tutorial for the shop. It's funny, I don't know why I didn't think of this before. I made up my own design for the ruffled apron skirt, and so I want to make a tutorial for sale for those who would rather make their own skirt! It'll be available in sizes baby through girls 8, and it'll be easy cuz it's all rectangles, so no pattern pieces to deal with (that's why it's gonna be a tutorial, not a pattern!).
I realize I am terrible at blogging about my kids and taking photos of them. So sorry! I will dig something up now...

Odin was "helping" me sew. Don't worry, I was very careful when he did this. You can also see some fabric in the corner (Heather Bailey Pop Garden) that I am using for an adorable baby outfit for my cousin.

3 comments:

Stella & Sugar said...

How sweet , I get alot of help too.
More than I ask o=for and he's seven so the fun won't stop here:)

Claire Maunsell said...

Sergers rock, couldn't live without one. Hardly worth taking the time to make clothes without one - off to make pants for my 10 year old...

Whitney said...

Yes, I love it so far, but it's kind of a pain to switch between regular serging and the rolled hem setting!