Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The top/dress

Things have been slow in the shop lately...only one sale so far this week, but hoping for more! I really want that 50th sale by the end of the week! I also have a goal of 3-4 sales per week, which has been happening up until now. Hopefully things will pick up soon! In the meantime, still orders to catch up on and I finished the Gracie pattern tiered top/dress. I don't know why it's called a top, since it is the same length as the tiered dress. It makes a really cute long top or short dress, though. As far as the actual tiered dress goes (the one with the rounded collar) I plan to make that one with longer tiers from now on because I do thing it's a bit on the short side. Anyway, this dress turned out adorable, and I did a rolled hem, yay! I tried it on Ally but it's a 12-18 months and her shoulders are so narrow and it looked way too big. I'll try it again in a couple months, and make adjustments if needed. I'm keeping this one for her, but it's also available in the shop for custom order.
There's a pair of pink ruffled capris with a lacy hem as well, but I haven't taken pics of them yet! I'm thinking this might be Ally's Easter outfit, unless my mom buys something for her, which she probably will :) Today I am taking the kids to Joann's and Target. Adam is working in Tucson and I can't do another day at home. This week I don't have much going on, and I don't like it...too many long days! Adam has installs every day, which is great, but it gets kinda lonely, even with 2 munchkins. Hope the kids do ok during errands- I always end up going to both places at the same time, since they seem to be located near each other, no matter which part of the valley I am in. Odin keeps getting out of bed early, ugh! But at least he takes a nice long nap...


2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Whit, I absolutely love your work. Beautiful! If we have another one, I will definitely purchase some of your adorable outfits on your etsy shop!

Tamara said...

Gosh Whitney! I didn't even know you were doing this!!! Beautiful things you have! All I need now is a baby girl!;) I will always keep you in mind!