Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Making Children's Clothes...






...by Emma Hardy. That's the name of the book I bought. I can't wait to try it out- I love everything in it! The only thing I don't like is that most patterns start at age 2, and I am wanting to make a baby gift for my cousin from one of them. I think I will modify the smocked dress pattern for her.

And yes, I know I would soon do a tutorial of some sort. I will, I promise! I will have to make another pair of boys' pants so I can show you, or maybe it'll be a tutorial of something else completely. I don't know! I really enjoy modifying other patterns or tutorials to make my own creation, but I have not yet succeeded in coming up with something completely from scratch. Pants really are easy, though, so that's probably what I'll show you!

I made a new dress and double ruffled pants...both Sandi Henderson's patterns and in the shop. I love how they turned out! I am going to make a couple pairs of capris for the spring for Ally as well as another Gracie pattern dress (different from the one I already made), but with my Nicey Jane fabrics.

Right now, Odin and Ally are playing in Odin's room with the play kitchen. I keep hearing squeals and general sounds of fun...I just love how well they get along. They are like best friends, always wanting to be together. Odin loves to kiss and hug her, and call her "cute" and "beautiful". Of course, he is sweet like that. The other day he said, "You beautiful, Mommy. You a girl." I love that kid! And Ally has been sleeping A LOT lately, which is nice...she is always so happy when she wakes up. Well, today I plan to work on a few orders and work out...I hope the kids take a long nap!

No comments: